Your new company
We are delighted to be working with a Stirling Prize winning architectural practice to source a Clerk of Works or experienced Site Architect to assist their Belfast team on a 6 month contract. This practice has an office in Belfast City Centre along with a network of offices across the main land UK. Locally they boast a selection of high profile projects totalling a value of c. £130m across a range of sectors including Private Residential, Education, Office, Retail and Mixed-Use schemes.
Your new role
This is a 6 month contract until December 2022. Based between site in Belfast, the Architects office and working from home, you will work as part of a team, on a landmark project, reporting to the client and the Project Manager on the quality of the construction by the Contractors team.
Some of the duties will include:
What you'll need to succeed
- Inspecting and reporting on the delivery of the new build construction project works in accordance with the Employer’s Requirements and the Building Contract. Inspecting and reporting upon the quality of all internal fit-out works
- Monitoring the work of the Contractor and subcontractors and liaising with and providing information as part of the compliance monitoring team reporting procedures.
- Monitoring that work is carried out to the required standards and making sure that drawings and specifications are being followed correctly.
- Reviewing the quality of works on site taking into consideration workmanship, building in accordance with the design/ specification, liaising with the commissioning compliance monitoring team.
- Taking measurements and samples to ensure the required quality standards are being met.
- Keeping detailed records of various aspects of the work, collating and providing regular reports in conjunction with the compliance monitoring team.
- Reviewing and commenting on the Contractor’s “as built” drawings and the Health and Safety File/O+M Manuals for the interiors.
A registered Clerk of Works with the ICWCI or a qualified architect.
Considerable previous experience as an architect inspecting Works or as a Clerk of Works essential on large scale projects.
A broad knowledge of the Northern Ireland construction industry covering materials, trades, building methods, and legal requirements
In-depth knowledge of Building, Premises, Health & Safety (including CDM regulations) and Fire legislation
Extensive knowledge of relevant legislation and statutory requirements (Asbestos Regulations, Scaffolding Regulations, and Planning & Building Regulations.)
Knowledge in particular of internal fit out construction systems and specifications Strong IT skills (Microsoft Excel, and Word)
Able to prepare and write progress records
What you'll get in return
£25.00 per hour, 09.00-17.30 Monday-Friday
In addition to working on a large-scale commercial project with a highly talented team you will benefit from paid annual leave and a superb range of additional benefits!
This is a superb opportunity to work on a landmark project for Belfast.
Based in the centre of Belfast close to reasonably priced car parking, only a short walk away, as well as being close to a range of public transport options.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #4204878