Your new company
Our client a charity providing children's homes, supported housing, fostering and specialist services are recruiting for a Children's Sexual Exploitation Practitioner for a Children's Residential care home based in Ealing.
Your new role
As a Children's Sexual Exploitation Practitioner some of your responsibilities will include:
What you'll need to succeed
- Establishing trusting, positive and warm relationships with young people to enable young people to feel confident to express their wishes and feelings whilst maintaining appropriate and professional boundaries.
- Creating opportunities for young people to learn and practice skills to support them with a transition from the home. To include practical independent living skills, interpersonal skills and experiences aimed at developing their confidence, self esteem and resilience.
- Taking responsibility for ensuring the health and safety of young people, the workforce and visitors to the home by maintaining a clean and well maintained physical environment. To include ensuring that any repairs are properly reported and bedrooms are ready for new referrals and in good condition.
- Identifying with young people what they need to develop their physical, emotional, behavioural and social wellbeing and resilience.
- Supporting young people’s holistic health and physical wellbeing, including access to medical services, administering medication and/ or first aid as necessary and completing general household duties.
- Being willing and capable to successfully complete training in permissible forms of physical intervention and restraint with young people and to use these techniques as a last resort where necessary in practice to ensure safety
You will have direct work experience of working with adolescence with complex & challenging needs at children’s homes, or mental health settings. You will hold Level 3 Diploma in Residential Childcare or equivalent (i.e Level 3 Diploma Children and Young People Workforce with the children's social care pathway).
A working knowledge of key legislation regarding Safeguarding practices relating to children and young people.
Understanding of the issues surrounding child sexual exploitation and the impact of trauma.
Willingness & flexibility to undertake shift working including weekends and bank holidays.
• Day Role: Shifts 8.00 to 18.00 & 12.30 to 22.30.
• Night Role: Shifts 22.00 - 8.45.
What you'll get in return
Competitive pay and reward structure offering salary progression based on performance.
25 days holiday rising to 27 days after 3 years’ service, plus Bank Holidays, pro-rata.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #4226095