** Exciting Opportunity to Work With A Major Client-Side Organisation! **
Your new company
This organisation provide the management, development and disposal of a local council's non-operational surplus land and property assets as well as providing management services for the Council’s longer term commercial ground leases.
Further, this organisation provides a range diverse property services including: valuation, demolition, asbestos and insurance inspections.
Your new role
- You will manage the operation of their assigned portfolio as part of the wider investment portfolio
- You will have an awareness of current legislation in respect of managed commercial properties.
- You will have knowledge of landlord’s requirements in managing a commercial property portfolio.
- You will monitor and control all income and expenditure associated with the property portfolio
- You will liaise with the property agent in respect of rent reviews, lease renewals and agency matters
- You will undertake rent reviews, lease renewals and agency matters where required and write reports to RICS and regulatory standards
- You will produce reports outlining proposals and making clear substantiated recommendations.
- You will work with legal representatives to ensure the delivery of agreed transactions and provide instruction as required.
- You will identify asset management opportunities and produce business cases to improve the asset.
- You will assist in the implementation of City Property’s policies, procedures and standards for the management of the investment portfolio
- You will contribute to good staff and working relations within City Property as well as with the wider Council.
- You will provide at all times, a quality professional service to internal and external customers.
- You will agree targets and objectives with the Team Manager and ensure they are met
- You will ensure that property information is gathered as required, to enable appropriate records to be maintained and reports to be prepared.
- You will assist the Investment Team in contributing to the Risk and Resilience Management process
What you'll need to succeed
- You will be tenacious and enjoy working towards achievable goals
- You will be comfortable self-managing your workload, will enjoy making your own decisions and working with a degree of autonomy.
- You will be a RICS registered chartered surveyor with a keen interest in property management and investment.
- You will enjoy working as a team towards a shared goal
- 25 days annual leave (rising to 28 days with service) + 12 1/2 days public holiday
- Hybrid working (2 days in-office and 3 days at home)
- Excellent opportunities for learning and career progression
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #4229841
Property & Real Estate
Glasgow & Strathclyde
Property and Surveying
£36,364.97 to £42,746.11
Talk to a consultant
Talk to Alexander Kattenhorn, the specialist consultant managing this position, located in Glasgow
1st Floor, Spectrum Building, 55 Blythswood Street