Your new company
Do you look at things differently? Are you looking for a Procurement position where you can make an impact, drive change, and grow your career? An exciting position has arisen to join a rapidly growing, exciting organisation, they are committed to their staff and and are investing heavily in their people, their systems and business processes. With outstanding employee engagement, there has never been a better time to join.
Your new role
The Category Specialist will be responsible for the efficient and effective delivery of category management within a range of portfolios within the organisation. You will foster a highly professional and responsive approach and act as the main point of contact for both the supplier and the the customers who use their categories; building and maintaining strong relationships with all key stakeholders including supplier and customers.
Main responsibilities include;
What you'll need to succeed
- Managing a market sub-category within the business
- Gaining and maintaining an understanding of the market, industry trends, product/service options and best practice
- Ensuring stakeholders and supplier engagement in development of the category strategy, to identify product innovation, best practice, process improvement and efficiency opportunities
- Managing supplier relationship - not only during the strategy stage/sourcing process but throughout the lifetime of the contract
- Participating in supplier business reviews and review market trends/technologies as they arise in assigned categories
- Delivering cost saving projects; utilising your skill and knowledge to benchmark spend and come up with ideas to improve value
- Overseeing alongside the Procurement Team the mini-competition process under the organisations frameworks from initiation to conclusion and thereafter the management of the relationships with key customers.
- Running data analytics to find value delivering options
- Delivering against programme targets and KPI's
- Committing to excellent data quality
- Supporting the Senior Category Manager in the delivery of category plans and framework roll out (timescale savings, business revenue & margin, supplier management etc)
- Attending site visits to suppliers and customers as part of your supplier and Customer Relationship strategies
What you'll get in return
- An understanding of Public Contract Regulations 2015 and be able to advise and provide guidance on these
- Experience within a procurement or supply chain role
- Results focussed, responding naturally to pressure and demanding deadlines
- Able to demonstrate good commercial acumen, attention to detail and previous category knowledge
- An exceptional communicator and stakeholder manager with the ability to build and maintain an extensive network of contacts within the category
- Highly developed numerical and analytics person with strong Excel knowledge
- Effective communicator, able to take customer requirements and formulate strategy
- Strong organisational and problem solving skills.
An amazing opportunity to join a quickly growing organisation with career progression opportunities available including sponsored CIPS if required. A hybrid working pattern with a nominal base in Sheffield with fantastic transport links either by car or public transport, free on site parking. Competitive salary and benefits package available.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #4227838