Your new company
Sykes Cottages are one of the leading and fastest-growing providers of Holiday Cottage Rentals, representing over 19,000 cottages across the UK and Ireland. They are an award-winning business, having been named in the Sunday Times Top 100 companies to work for in the UK, as well as winning Company of the Year at the Cheshire Business Awards in 2019. Sykes Cottages' focus is always on the customer and ensuring their journey consistently exceeds expectations from start to finish. They are currently expanding their Chester office and looking for ambitious individuals to join their team.
Your new role
This is a highly autonomous role which will see you lead and motivate the team to account manage their suppliers through problem solving issues to resolution including changing processes to ease delivery of services, to our owners and suppliers. You will also be ensuring your direct team are driven to succeed, ensuring they exceed targets, deliver outstanding service and exceptional quality within a results driven environment. This is the perfect next career challenge for those with existing leadership experience, success in managing people, driving change, managing supplier/customer relationships and consistently thriving to exceed targets to be welcomed with open arms into our team as a crucial member!
Your new role as Managed Services Team Manager will see you:
What you'll need to succeed
- Accountable for setting and delivering Managed Services Team OKR’s
- Accountable for creating an autonomous, fun and energetic team environment
- Conduct regular 121’s with your team members, manage the team in line with Company guidelines for absence/performance/behaviours
- Produce daily and weekly management reports and communicate to the management team
- Update the senior management team on a monthly basis on delivery of OKR’s, challenges, successes and opportunities
- Maintain strong relationships, help problem solve within the wider team to support the funnel and the teams’ targets
- Deliver regular updates on changes, success and performance to target to the wider business teams.
- Support Owner Marketing with campaigns to promote managed services, added value and estate agents to new and existing owners
- Work in partnership with the Training Team to ensure effective training of managed services, across all teams and keep them updated of any changes
- Work with the Operations Manager to continually improve the service and team performance by recommending and delivering improvements to process.
- Accountable for recruitment working seamlessly with HR to help advertise and recruit quickly when necessary
- Motivate, mentor, train and support team members
- Understand the organisation’s products, services, procedures, guidelines.
- Own escalations from suppliers/owners
- Attend owner & other roadshows
- To work alongside the Senior Management team within and outside of the Owners Department of Sykes Cottage to deliver outstanding results, to positively drive change, to motivate and inspire team members
- To create an environment oriented to trust, open communication, creative thinking and a collaborative approach
What you'll get in return
- Previous management experience in Team leader position or senior role
- Proven track record of working in a target driven environment
- B2B relationship experience/problem solver
- Negotiation skills
- Escalation Experience
- Strong analytical skills
- Proven track record in hitting targets
- Excellent time management skills
- Ability to recognise problems and areas for improvements
- Strong communication skills
- Presentation skills
You will be remunerated with a salary of £25,000 - 28,000 per annum depending on experience. You will be offered fantastic hybrid working options and a very generous annual leave policy (25 days of annual leave plus 8 Bank Holidays, as well as an additional day-off for your Birthday and 2 days off to volunteer for a charity of your choice).
You'll receive an outstanding benefits package which includes Excellent Private Medical Cover, Pension Scheme, Life Assurance Scheme and Free Worldwide Travel Insurance for you and your family, as well discounts at a number of high street shops and restaurants and you will also be able to use a 20% employee-discount on all holiday bookings. For free of charge you can receive Onsite Reflexology, Counselling appointments, Weekly Fitness Classes (Circuits, Pilates, Yoga etc) and Onsite Gym Access or discounted Gym Memberships for Remote and Sister Brands. A major benefit is that you can be supported in your Self Study with Study Bonds available for additional Qualifications, Courses and Accreditations (CIMA, CPA, CFP, CIPD etc) as well as commitment to supporting additional study with time off, coaching and mentoring.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #4235045