Your new company
A Local Authority based in the East Midlands are seeking to appoint an interim Building Control Officer. The role is full time, 37 hours and initially on a 6 month contract. The opportunity to go permanent will be available for the right candidate.
Your new role
You will predominantly look after a Domestic portfolio but will also look after Small Industrial Units and low rise retail. Your role will be to manage a specific area of the East Midlands and assist with Plan Checking.
What you'll need to succeed
- To check plans and details in relation to projects, for compliance with the Building Regulations and associated legislation including the Building Act 1984 and checking Building Notices for compliance with the Building Regulations.
- To carry out inspection work on site for the compliance with the Building Regulations and the Council’s Building Control policy.
- To investigate breaches of the Building Regulations and associated legislation and to take appropriate action following Council policy including collating evidence, preparing reports and providing evidence in court as necessary.
- To provide advice and guidance in connection with the design or construction of building projects.
- The maintenance of full, accurate and complete records.
You will ideally have a solid background and understanding of Building Control with the relevant qualifications (CABE/ RICS). Available for interim work on a full time basis. Ability to work from home and attend inspections daily as required (driving licence necessary).
What you'll get in return
A competitive rate of pay and a 6 month contract with the possibility of a permanent role further down the line. Full time work (37 hours per week) and full autonomy and trust from day one with a supportive leadership team.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #4207215