Your new company
Hays Education are currently working alongside an Ofsted rated ‘Outstanding’ Primary School situated in Tower Hamlets are looking for a Teaching Assistant who is trained in British Sign Language (Level 1 and above).
This school in particular, has a big SEND department for students with visual and hearing impairment. However, they have 3 new students joining in September who will need 1:1 support and that person must be trained in BSL and able to use it confidently, as this will be your only form of communication with the student.
This is a full-time support role. Nevertheless, the leadership team may consider candidates who are looking for a part-time role. Working hours are 8.30am to 4:00pm.
Your new role
- As a BSL SEN Teaching Assistant, you’ll be welcomed into a warm and inclusive community.
- Small classes to support staff and create a safe environment for all.
- Excellent training opportunities and progression pathways.
- The opportunity to make a substantial social impact!
- Ongoing support from a dedicated, primary education specialist consultant
What you will need to succeed
- British Sign language (B.S.L.) qualification
- Experience working with children/young people with Special Educational Needs
- Ability to relay B.S.L. from hearing impaired students to non-signing students
- Be dedicated, engaging and inspiring
- Be committed to ensuring pupils make good, sustained progress
- Assist and support the classroom teacher with the day-to-day running of a class.
- Passionate to change the lives of young people.
- Excels in building solid relationships with students and staff.
- Adaptable and can overcome challenges whilst following appropriate protocol.
What you’ll get in return
In return, you will be paid a competitive daily rate which will be to scale right from day one and you will also be joining a supportive school, as well as having a supportive Hays Consultant dedicated to you. In addition to this, you will also be invited to join our Hays Education Hub App and you will also join our Hays Refer a Friend Scheme where you could be entitled to receive £250 in high street vouchers.
What you need to do now
If you are interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV to Francisca.MarquezArenas@hays.com, or call us now. If this job is not quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. At Hays, we value diversity, and we are passionate about placing people in a role where they can flourish and succeed. We actively encourage people from diverse backgrounds to apply. #4255927