Your new company
An highly successful engineering company who have expanded operations across the UK which has resulting in increased sales, profitability and business wins.
Your new role
Reporting into the financial controller you will be part of a growing finance team.
The main duties and responsibilities include:
- Ensure that transactions are accurately recorded in a timely manner and in accordance with the group and accounting rules
- Justification of the Balance Sheet figures by performing balance sheet reconciliations
- Assist in all month end tasks and the closing of ledgers
- Monitor and report off-balance sheet commitments
- Be prepared to develop/apply the technical accounting knowledge obtained in their professional training to ensure the correct treatment of financial transactions
- Support/cover treasury, accounts receivable and accounts payable functions
- Assist in the preparation of quarterly VAT returns and CIS
- Utilise VAT knowledge to advise on VAT implications on certain transactions
Financial Planning & Analysis
- Assist with the annual budget preparation process
- Provide analysis of KPI’s such as invoice lag, debtors, variances and productive hours
- Analyse and explain overhead spend and variances to budget
- Perform daily Bank Reconciliations
Control and Reporting
What you'll need to succeed
- Assist with all monthly and quarterly BU and Group reporting meeting the set timescales
- Assist the statutory year end audit by providing the necessary information
Qualifications and training
- Strong AAT or PQ CIMA (or other relevant accounting qualification)
Skills and Experience Industry Experience
- Ideally worked in an engineering environment
- Knowledge of group reporting an advantage
- The person will need to be a confident communicator, across all levels both internally and externally
- Friendly and approachable manner, able to build and sustain relationships based on trust at all levels
Quality and Accuracy
- An eye for detail, focused on quality and accuracy, within a face paced environment, without compromising deadlines.
- Ability to use sound judgement to ensure the appropriate messages are delivered
- Strong financial skills applied in a project costing context
- Ability to analyse and interpret variances
- Good knowledge of basic accounting functions such as Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Timesheets
- Cash Management
- Strong IT skills in particular, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Word.
- Knowledge of using SAP & Sage Payroll would be advantageous
Organisation and Management
What you'll get in return
- Able to plan and deliver objectives within agreed timeframes
- Excellent organisational skills
- A self-starter who can work on their own initiative but also be able to work effectively as part of a team.
Excellent benefit package, progression planning and attractive pension scheme.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #4225342