Your new company
We are currently working on behalf of a client based in the Greater Belfast area to recruit an Assistant Accountant to join a growing finance team on a temporary contract basis for an initial period of 3-6 months..
Your new role
Working in the existing team you will be responsible for a range of duties to include:
- Carry out a range of accounting activities under the guidance of more senior colleagues to support the compilation, consolidation, and analysis of financial data
- Track progress against budgets within established finance systems and reports variances as appropriate, ensuring compliance with local market financial laws, requirements, and regulations
- Collate and analyse data using standard accounting methodologies.
- Produce key financial data and documents including aspects of statutory accounts; monthly reporting, budgeting, and reforecast processes; monthly management accounts pack (including commentary and analysis for key business stakeholders); and monthly balance sheet production, reconciliation, and validation
- Participate in the monthly accounting cycle, including assisting with the organisation and co-ordination of the month end process and associated Board reports
What you'll need to succeed
The ideal candidate for this position will be a qualified accounting technician / part-qualified accountant with a minimum of 3 years’ experience in a busy finance role. You should be able to complete tasks and work independently, if required and possess a positive ‘can do’ attitude. You should possess a willingness to develop and grow your skills base and have strong planning and organisational skills.
What you'll get in return
This role offers an immediate start on a long-term temporary contract basis for an initial period of 3-6 months. You will be paid a highly competitive salary between £25,000-£30,000 depending on experience which will be paid weekly via Hays. You will work with a growing company based in their offices in the Greater Belfast area which offer free onsite parking
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #4208165