Your new company
A public sector organisation.
Your new role
The post holder will develop new and maintain existing software solutions. You will develop and use a range of application development techniques and environments to integrate existing and new business applications, also to provide new and innovative software solutions.
The post holder will act as the technical software development lead on major projects supporting business change in order to help empower the organisation to achieve its strategic ambitions.
What you'll need to succeed
- Collaborating with a range of stakeholders, including project managers, partner organisations, technical colleagues, internal and external customers to identify business requirements and potential software solutions, developing delivery plans for the implementation of new solutions and improving the performance and availability of current applications
- Providing technical software development and implementation leadership within technical projects, contributing to the creation of robust business plans, providing technical guidance during project delivery, reviewing supplier technical proposals, ensuring technical development documentation is created and maintained to a high standard and technical change control processes are adhered to
- Identify, scope and propose improvements to existing business systems, engaging with business stakeholders as appropriate to create a business case for the delivery of new software solutions or improvements
- Identify and mange risks associated with new software developments, proposing and delivering mitigation activities to reduce the likelihood and / or impact associated with each risk
- Develop Service and User Acceptance Test Plans for application developments, working with the business where necessary and overseeing or carrying out testing as required. Issue identified from testing are to be documented, resolved and retested
- Co-ordinate with colleagues to embed and adhere to a structured software development approach, from planning and design, through implementation, production of thorough documentation and effective migration to BAU. Providing the necessary high-quality documentation and guidance to enable 1st and 2nd line support colleagues to maintain and troubleshoot issues
- Review and document existing development work to ensure a suitably detailed knowledge base is created and maintained covering all internally produced code. Mange and disseminate documentation across the ICT Team as necessary
- Have a thorough understanding of data protection requirements and ensure this is reflected in all new or modified development work
- Understand the options available for incorporating the latest security best practice across a range of development approaches, taking a high-level view of the security risks and implications related to all development work and delivering secure solutions for the business.
- Identify personal training needs and contribute to the identification of wider team training needs to ensure effective management and utilisation of the latest technologies, development languages and environments
- Support the ICT Manager in the development and operation of regular working groups aimed at communicating technical opportunities and changes whilst improving the quality of ICT services
What you'll get in return
- Ability to analyse, interpret and communicate varied and complex information to a variety of stakeholders, including non-technical colleagues and senior management through a variety of channels, such as verbal and written communication
- Ability to assess current and proposed software development solutions to identify opportunities to improve the business user and customer experience
- Ability to work independently in setting achievable deadlines and ensuring deadlines are met successfully whilst proactively engaging colleagues where necessary
- Ability to produce technical documentation for newly or previously developed solutions and to effectively document new and existing processes
- An understanding of current data protection legislation and how it applies to the delivery of ICT services and changes
- Advanced knowledge of ICT software security, including data access control, scripting and specific development language security best practice
- Knowledge of Microsoft Azure Web, Logic and Function App and API development along with PowerShell and batch scripting
Remote working (Need to attend office every other week)
26 days holiday + bank holidays
1.5 times an employee's pension contribution
Reduced gym membership
Health cash plan
Cycle to work scheme
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #4261834