Abingdon / Hybrid
Your new company
An Abingdon based organisation are looking for an Accounts Payable Officer with at least 1-2 years experience, this would be an ideal second role, or suited to more experienced candidates too. This is a warm and friendly working environment with a close-knit team, hybrid working is available (2 days in office per week) so it is essential you are able to commute to Abingdon. This role reports into the AP Manager and is full-time permanent.
Your new role
As the successful candidate, you will be responsible for the following duties:
- Processing invoices; credit notes, refunds and employee expenses.
- Resolving purchase order discrepancies
- Creating automated payment runs and initiate any ad hoc payments when required
- Competing daily bank reconciliations
- Monthly reconciliation of accounts payable trial balance with general ledger
- Supplier set up and maintenance of supplier records
- Assist in audit of expense/credit card acquittals
- Reconciliation of supplier statements
- Intercompany reconciliation
- Assisting with month end process, balance sheet reconciliation
What you'll need to succeed
To be successful in this role you will need 1-2 years experience in accounts payable, ideally you will also be studying towards AAT L2 or AAT L3. It is essential that you are team driven, keen to learn with strong accuracy and attention to detail. Good MS Excel skills and accounting systems skills are preferable.
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available. Hybrid working. This role offers a salary of £23,000-£26,000 dependent on experience and qualifications.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #4254058