HAYS are partnering with one of our largest multi-national corporate clients to recruit for an Accounts Payable Clerk to join their team, after a member of the team has decided to move on. This role will sit within a large, fast-paced finance team, so my client are ideally looking for a candidate from a Shared Service Centre environment. This role represents an exciting opportunity to join a high performing finance team within one of the largest corporates in Birmingham, where you will be given excellent benefits such as subsidised meals, great flexibility and corporate benefits.
This is a permanent role, paying up to £24,000 per annum, with hybrid working available.
The key responsibilities of this role are:
- Process transactions in line with SLA, Policy and Procedure
- Matching Purchase Orders to invoices
- Monitoring the Accounts Payable mailboxes, allocating requests for action and resolve internal and external queries
- Input or upload of invoices onto internal systems, ensuring appropriate approval and correct use of GL, disbursement and matter codes
- Set up and / or validate supplier records and their bank details
- Reconciling supplier statements to the AP ledger and obtaining copy invoices where required
In order to be successful in this role, you will:
- Have experience in an Accounts Payable role, ideally within a shared services environment
- Be able to maintain a high level of accuracy while meeting deadlines
- Have comprehensive knowledge of accounts payable process and procedures is essential, along with ability to demonstrate excellent customer service skills
- Have excellent IT skills including Word/Excel
- SAP experience is a desirable but not an essential
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #4232546