HAYS are delighted to be working with a leading professional services organisation based in Birmingham City Centre to recruit for an Accounts Payable Clerk on a permanent basis. This role has come about due to internal promotions within the team, which have created the need to add a new head in order to maintain levels of service to both internal and external stakeholders. This role sits within a high-performing AP team, within a multinational organisation, therefore this role is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to build on their current skillset in a supportive and developmental environment.
This role has hybrid working opportunities and is paying £25,000.
The key responsibilities of this role are:
- Process transactions in line with SLA, Policy and Procedure
- Process and pay client disbursement and general ledger related supplier invoices and credit notes to the Practice Management System
- Matching Purchase Orders to invoices
- Auditing and approving expenses
- Monitoring the Accounts Payable mailboxes, allocating requests for action and resolve internal and external queries
- Input or upload of invoices onto internal bespoke systems, ensuring appropriate approval and correct use of GL, disbursement and matter codes
- Set up and / or validate supplier records and their bank details
- Reconciling supplier statements to the AP ledger and obtaining copy invoices where required
In order to be successful in this role you will:
- Have previous experience in an Accounts Payable role, experience within a professional services environment would be desirable but not essential
- Have excellent organisation and communication skills with attention to detail and the ability to express oneself in a clear and constructive way
- Be able to build and maintain working relationships and a positive team spirit
- Demonstrate persistence and commitment to completing tasks and objectives
- Be competent with Microsoft Office suite of applications (Excel, Word, Outlook)
- Have working knowledge of UK VAT Regulations
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #4209257