Our client is a niche accountancy practice offering a comprehensive accounting and business development service exclusively to the dental profession. They are connected to a well established Top 20 practice, operating across the Thames Valley. They are located in modern offices in the historic market town of Abingdon, part of the vibrant and diverse heart of Oxfordshire’s economic corridor. Due to their continued growth and success, an exciting opportunity has become available for an experienced Accounts Senior or an Accounts Manager to join us.
Your new role
The Accounts Senior will work closely with the Client Manager and Partner to deliver accounting and taxation services to a range of limited companies, partnerships and sole traders. Initially providing support within our small team in servicing existing and new clients, there are realistic opportunities for the right individual to build their own client base and progress to a Client Manager position at an early stage. Any previous experience of working with dental clients would be desirable but is not essential. The successful candidate will soon become au fait with the opportunities and challenges our dental clients face and how best to support them.
• Preparation of year end accounts for limited companies, partnerships and sole traders
• Draft corporation and income tax computations
• Preparation of monthly and quarterly management accounts
• Preparation of income and complete tax returns
• Supporting and training clients in the use of cloud-based software such as QuickBooks and Xero
• Provide a backup payroll service to our existing payroll specialist (training provided)
• Consultancy and Advisory work (emerging as part of ongoing professional development)
• Keep up to date with legislative change and development
What you'll need to succeed
Along with excellent and proven practice accountancy skills, the Accounts Senior will be able to demonstrate the ability to establish and build strong client relationships with time and experience, provide business development and personal financial planning advice in addition to routine accountancy services
• Essential: AAT or significantly qualified by experience
• Essential: Previous experience of working in a practice environment
• Essential: Minimum of 7 years accountancy practice experience
• Desirable: ACA, ACCA qualified
• Willingness and aptitude to learn and deliver on different areas of accounting practice and to be an all-rounder • Excellent communication skills at all levels
• Confident to build rapport with and manage a professional and supportive relationship with clients and other advisers
What you'll get in return
Flexible working options available.
• Salary in line with current market rates and dependant on experience and qualifications
• Realistic opportunity for early progression
• Hybrid working and free on-site parking
• Negotiable benefits package
• Enhanced holiday (25 days plus bank holidays)
• Ongoing professional development and support to access practicing certificate
• Access to support from a wide range of specialists from UHY global expert.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #4258573
Public Practice Accounting
Competitive, DOE + Comprehensive Benefits Package
Talk to a consultant
Talk to Edward Hampson, the specialist consultant managing this position, located in Oxford