Non Dom Personal Tax Senior General Personal Returns 90% Small Company and Individual Accounts 10%
Compliance and some advisory work for a Varied Client portfolio of HNWI, Non Doms, OMBs etc.
Our client is seeking a Personal Tax Senior and are offering hybrid working.
You will have exceptional interpersonal skills and confidence together with the ability and interest to understand your clients’ business. You will be able to multitask under pressure and work to tight deadlines with a portfolio comprising of around
You will have an ATT qualification potentially working on your CTA.
• Request information from client and 3rd parties (banks, building societies, pension providers etc) and send reminders as necessary.
• Collate accounts and other relevant information from other departments.
• Use information to complete tax returns using tax software
• Prepare letter to client, detailing liabilities and any tax saving opportunities
• Ensure client receives tax return and any client queries are dealt with.
• Ensure approval of completed tax return is returned from client and lodged with HMRC.
• Calculate total tax liability for clients and advise client of when and how to pay tax and any interest, surcharges and penalties.
• Explain and apply maximum pension contributions in relation to earnings for clients.
• Review tax returns generated by Tax Assistants and Tax Semi-Seniors and use this to assist in their training and development.
• Ensure all P11D’s and associated s336 claims are completed, signed by the client and submitted to HMRC within set deadlines.
• Assist Partners on tax issues in client meetings, if requested, and arrange own client meetings where appropriate.
• Identify any special work outside of the normal billing cycle.
• Review debtors and remind clients of any outstanding fees.
• ATT qualified, preferably CTA qualified or equivalent
• Varied, practical and technical tax knowledge, minimum 2 years practical experience
• Able to train junior members of staff
• Basic accounts knowledge
• IT packages (Excel, tax software, Word, Outlook)
• Communication skills
• Organisational skills
• Commercial awareness / client focus
• Problem solving and decision making
• Ability to work well under pressure
• Be positive and committed in dealings with both clients and staff
Talk to a consultant
Talk to David Elliott, the specialist consultant managing this position, located in London-City