Your new company
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a commercial lawyer to join this technology focused business as a Legal Counsel. Reporting directly to the Group General Counsel, part of a supportive and collaborative team, you will have the opportunity to work on some fantastic cutting-edge contracts. This role can be based in either their Bristol or Oxford office however they fully embrace flexible working, therefore candidates looking for roles with plenty of home working are encouraged to apply.
A Direct Message From The Group General Counsel
“If you are looking for a technology focused in-house role which offers an exciting variety of cutting-edge legal work in a dynamic digital environment combined with a genuine focus on work life balance, flexibility and inclusion - please apply to join us.”
Your new role
This is a fast-paced role in a busy in-house legal team, dealing with a diverse range of commercial and legal issues. You will be responsible for providing legal support and assistance as directed by the Group General Counsel whilst operating independently to deliver the following accountabilities:
• Reviewing legal documents and providing timely and commercially focused advice to colleagues across the business on potential legal issues arising.
• Engaging with internal clients, sector institutions, stakeholders and external suppliers to facilitate the strategic objectives of the business.
• Carrying out specialised legal research in respect of ongoing work and preparing legal reports and papers on current legal issues and practice areas where required.
• Drafting contract templates, bespoke agreements and a variety of other legal documentation as required.
• Promoting risk management, compliance with applicable policies and procedures and relevant legislation and regulation and effective corporate governance.
What you'll need to succeed
Our client is looking for candidates with broad commercial law experience including drafting and negotiating a variety of commercial agreements, and relevant legal knowledge and experience of technology law including digital media, intellectual property, data and IT contracts. They are able to consider candidates at the newly qualified level and upwards, with experience gained either in a law firm or in-house. If joining at the NQ level, you will ideally have undertaken a seat in Commercial. You will be passionate about your work and have a commercial and “can do” approach.
What you'll get in return
A supportive and collaborative legal team, passionate about the work they do! My client wants to make sure their people have the flexibility they need to balance their personal lives and do well at work. So, they focus on outputs rather than presenteeism and are open to a whole range of ways of working including flexible hours and working from home where possible. They are always learning and developing. All their people have access to a huge variety of learning resources to help them achieve this. They offer hybrid working so you have the flexibility to work from home or if you prefer, from any of their offices (Bristol, Oxford, London or Manchester). You can look forward to a rewarding job with opportunities to develop and make a real difference.
Their Benefits Are Great Too
- 31 days holiday (plus bank holidays and 3 days Christmas closure)
- A range of health and wellbeing benefits, including access to wellbeing support
- You have the option to join a very generous USS pension scheme
- They provide discounts on IT equipment, a cycle to work scheme and season ticket loans
- They also offer generous parental leave arrangements, career breaks and volunteer leave
For further information, please contact Harriet Chapman at Hays Legal.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. INDHLEG #3941069