Your new organisation
Your new organisation are a large public sector team who have an estate in Cwmbran/Newport.
Your new role
The post holder will be required to lead and manage the Maintenance and Facilities Services for the Estate on behalf of the Shared Facilities Management (SFM) collaboration between them and the Council. The post holder will be required to manage maintenance so that the Estate is fully operational for the delivery of the service and that all statutory premises legislation works are undertaken in a compliant manner.
- To lead and manage the Maintenance of the Estate to include planned unplanned, and cyclical Building, Mechanical, and Electrical works to ensure that the Estate is fit for purpose and fully operational to support the delivery of the Service.
- To lead and manage on all premises Health and Safety and Legal Compliance works on Asbestos, Legionella, Fire Safety, Electrical Safety and all other premises legislation.
- To Lead and Manage all on Facilities Management Services to include but not limited to Reception, Security, Postal Services, Waste, Grounds, and Cleaning Services.
- To manage the Staff Resources, and Budgets for the delivery of these services in accordance with the Policies of the Service.
- To actively work and engage with Collaboration Partners and Framework Contractors in accordance with the agreement documents to deliver the Estate and Facilities Services.
- To deliver a customer focused service.
- To promote and adhere to Strategic Equality Plan to support the development of a diverse workforce.
- To take reasonable care of own and others' safety; to co-operate with managers/supervisors in complying with statutory health and safety duties; to report incidents, accidents, faults etc
What you'll need to succeed
- Driving license and a vehicle is essential (mileage will be paid for work purposes)
- Substantial experience in Facilities Management - minimum of HNC in a relevant field ideally higher
- Ability to hit the ground running and work independently
- People management skills
- Excellent communication skills
What you'll get in return
You will be working 37 hours a week for a minimum of 3-6 months, hourly rate circa £25.00 per hour, mileage paid at 45p for work purposes.
Experience gained in a professional, credible and vibrant Estates department.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. #3867731