Management Support Officer / PA
Data admin, Business Admin, Personal Assistant, Business Administrator, Administration, Education
Your new company
An education facility providing specialist further education services in the South West with the base of this position in Yeovil for young people aged 16 to 25 with a learning disability and complex needs.
As a member of the team of highly skilled tutors and support staff, your new company helps deliver an outstanding personal, social and vocational experience. The College excels in preparing young people for adulthood, by enabling students to participate and contribute as active citizens.
Your new employer takes pride in their commitment to delivering quality learning through person-centred programmes, supported by a range of therapeutic professionals and through partnerships with other local education providers and employees.
Your new role
In a 12 month fixed term contract to cover maternity leave, this role is looking to extend into a permanent position with the return of the current Data Analyst.
Main Duties & Responsibilities
This role has been designed to improve the efficiencies and data quality of the service and will provide valued input to all areas of service delivery as well as acting as an audit tool for our performance and information gathering. Primary:
- Ensure the detailed Post Inspection Action Plan (PIAP) is monitored and that progress is tracked
- Manage changes to the plans scope, planned schedule and planned costs using appropriate verification techniques
- Measure PIAP performance using appropriate tools and techniques
- Report and escalate to management as needed
- Create and maintain comprehensive evidence files
- Track PIAP performance, specifically to analyse the successful completion of short and long-term goals
- Perform other related duties as assigned Develop spreadsheets, diagrams and process maps to document needs
- Identify and execute data quality improvements, enhancements, standardization and simplification
- Collate and review data that will have a direct influence on the strategic direction of the college and its service delivery;
- Seek to where possible compare data across areas of the service, highlighting areas of need;
- To collate and present data to the SLT on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis;
- To provide year on year data analysis that supports the colleges Self-Assessment reporting procedures;
- To work with the Office Manager to compile data within an end of month People’s Pack;
- Review data to identify and highlight risks to the organisation;
- Produce reliable and user-friendly reports that feature qualitative data;
- Ensuring the safety & security of the College at all times, making sure and entry to the premises controlled. Ensuring that all visitors sign in and take a visitor badge where necessary;
- Set up systems within Databridge and enable it to be used to capture data to inform all quality processes within the college;
- Enable college staff to access data to make informed judgements about their areas of responsibility;
- Report on data and identify trends in information collated;
- Support the college to be able to provide qualitative data that captured value added for learner placements;
- To compile data that supports the college’s Quality Action group and Governance processes;
- ILP (ILR) input onto Databridge;
- To update and monitor all awards & qualifications onto the Databridge;
- Attend team meetings as required to share information about the recording and reporting of data and the functions of the MIS system;
- Maintaining and updating College information, records and database;
- Help staff to improve and update their inputting skills, through individual and(group training) as required;
- Is committed to improving the team's performance through contribution of good ideas and solutions and supporting colleagues to succeed;
- To coordinate weekly MDT meetings and attend to capture the meeting notes & actions;
- Assisting with various administrative tasks and duties, utilising Word, Excel, Outlook email and ensuring that College databases are updated. (Training will be provided) and assist with photocopying and distribution of information, as required;
- Accepting and recording incoming telephone enquiries, taking visitors details sensitively, discreetly and accurately;
- Assist the Head of Care in the collation of data that evidences areas for development within the homes gathered within internal audits;
- Ensure, at all levels, confidentiality is adhered to;
- Assist in the promotion of a fair and quality service that is sensitive and responsive to young people, families, local authorities and visitors;
- Uphold and positively promote equal opportunities in service delivery and employment practices;
- Carry out any other duties, which fall within the general areas of responsibility.
What you'll need to succeed
In order to do well in this role, you will be proactive with an ability to utilise initiative. Whilst taking over from the Data Analyst, you will have suitable excel skills, able to present data to internal and external stakeholders, pulling data from multiple sources and collate.
Everyday is different in an education setting and therefore an ability to adapt and think on your feet is a must, whilst able to prioritise, multi task and keep to time restraints.
Whilst supporting the members of SLT you will be expected to manage multiple diaries and aid in meetings. This will require a high level and understanding of confidentiality.
What you'll get in return
With an offered remuneration of £18000-£21000 per annum and 25 days holiday plus 8 bank holidays, your working hours will be 8.30am-4.30pm.
You will have the opportunity to work in an environment positively going through management, leadership and policy changes. With such a positive atmosphere for the prospects of what could happen, this role is an exciting opportunity to make a difference.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
- Job type:
- Working Pattern
- Education & Training
- Further Education
- £18000-£20000 per annum with a 52 week service