Full management responsibility of a pharmaceutical packaging shift at the Eastbourne facility. Through the appropriate allocation of resources, accountable for productivity and efficiency of the shift and the attainment of production targets. Responsible for the total management of a team including managing performance, absence and training and development. The overall purpose of this role is to lead, inspire and develop the shift to deliver on Safety, Quality, Delivery, Efficiency, Customer and Cost.
Training, Development and Performance:
- Full responsibility for training on and development of all shift employees, from identifying needs, procedure adherence to delivery of training. Forward planning to ensure all shifts are able to react to changes in capacity demand
- Conduct continuous review of performance and formally document this bi-annually in line with the current Company procedures.
- Ensure regular feedback and continuous dialog.
- Identify over performers and highlight individuals as talent for the future.
- Identify under performers and provide solutions and support to enable improvements.
- Ensure training standards are met and all training is performed in accordance with relevant SOPs.
- Ensure training records are maintained.
- Monitor and drive operations to meet efficiency and productivity targets.
- Manage operations to contain yield loss at no more than 1%
- Oversee the correct and efficient utilisation of equipment and staff.
- Oversee Engineering Support Technicians; ensure timely resolution to breakdowns of machines. Promote systematic fault find and root cause. Implement solution to prevent recurrence.
- Ensure that the routine planned maintenance of packaging machines is carried and that the equipment is made available in line with company’s priorities.
- Packaging Management team and Packaging team
- Quality Department
- Engineering Department
- Planning Department
- Finance Department
- OPEX leader Department
- Warehouse Department
- EHS Manager
- Origination Department
- Minimum Qualifications
- Educated to degree level preferably in business or operations management or significant relevant experience.
- LEAN practitioner
- Previous experience in operational management (preferably of shift operations) or…
- Significant experience in operational supervision.
- Continuous Improvement project success.
- Planning and organizing successes – long and short term.
- Job Type:
- Life Sciences
- £36k to £42k + Package
Similar jobs to Package Manager
Working as the Warehouse and Logistics Manager for a leading manufacturing business earning up to £50,000.
Up to £50,000
Data Centre Technical Manager for a service provider on a Data Centre in London Docklands, £55k-£57k + Package
£55k-£57k + Package
Working as a Planning and Logistics Manager for a leading Automotive business earning up to £60,000.
Up to £60,000
***Site Manager (Social Housing) – Permanent Position in N.I. – Highly Competitive Remuneration Package***
An experienced manager required to run the Hays Bristol Education specialism.
Salary with OTE Package
Excellent job opportunity for an Audit & Accounts Senior with progression to management in 12 - 18 months.
£30000 - £40000 + excellent benefits (DOE)sponsored