Seafish is a Non-Departmental Public Body (NDPB), funded by a levy on the first sale of sea fish and seafood products in the UK, including imported seafood. At Seafish, our mission is to support a profitable, sustainable and socially responsible future for the seafood industry, including everything - and everyone - from fishermen and processors to importers, retailers and food service providers. Maintaining a well-regulated seafood industry which delivers high-quality, safe, sustainable seafood to UK consumers is also one of our highest priorities
About the Role
We are now recruiting for an Operations Director to join our Executive Team and lead and develop Seafish’s technical and commercial expertise, supporting the needs of the seafood industry in work areas as defined in the Seafish Corporate Plan.
This is a superb opportunity to join our organization at a time of exciting change in the Seafood industry, and contribute at a leadership level to Seafish’s forthcoming 2018-2021 Corporate Plan.
As Operations Director, your role as a leader internally, and an ambassador externally, is crucial to the continuing success of the organisation.
For this high profile role, we need an outstanding individual. We need a proven leader with a passion for the seafood industry, as well as the following characteristics:
- Excellent track record in the food industry and good knowledge of issues facing primary sector, coupled with significant experience at a senior management level and of creating and delivering effective, innovative and proven strategies.
- Strong commercial and political acumen with the ability to consolidate change, develop organisational stability, deliver budgetary control and strategic/operational outcomes.
- Experience/knowledge of key issues, commercial, technical, political and environmental pertaining to the food industry generally, and the seafood sector specifically.
- Proven ability and desire to work in and across the public sector, balanced with commercial and political acumen.
- Job Type:
- Government & Public Services
- c£77,000 more may be available for an exceptional candidate
- Closing Date
- Mon Feb 27 11:59:59 GMT 2017
Similar jobs to Operations Director
Operations Director to work in Cambridgeshire.
Looking for an Executive Assistant to support the HR director and team for a global accountancy firm in London
£40,000 - £45,000 per annum + benefits
Operations Director, London, £50,000-£70,000, Exciting start up restaurant Immediate Start!
£50,000-£70,000 + Share Options
Qualified Finance Director required to join a growing SME organisation based in Walsall.
Director Clinical Operations - 12 Month Contract - Competitive Rate- Global Pharma
Job opportunity for an experienced Valuation Surveyor to join an exciting new venture in Worcestershire.
Circa £40,000 + Excellent Benefitssponsored