Hays Engineering are delighted to have been invited to present applications for multiple vacancies for the position of Systems Design Engineer for a major name in Electronics manufacturing in the Glasgow area. The business operates from a purpose built factory, producing hardware and associated software on a bespoke basis. They are world renown and truly innovative as they service a variety of sectors with electronic equipment.
Your new role
An opportunity has arisen for an experienced systems design engineer with significant vehicle expertise to deliver the role of Vehicle Systems Design Engineer / Architect in support of the Vehicle Optronics and Sensors Group. The role holder reports to the Systems Engineering Discipline Manager and will be allocated primarily to projects in the Vehicles Optronics and Sensors Business area. The key individual responsibilities are:
- To provides technical leadership for bids and project Engineering Reviews.
- To identify and review technical risks, opportunities and mitigation plans throughout the bid and project phases;
- To define and propose candidate architectures to meet customer/stakeholder needs
- To creates the technical specifications with acceptance criteria for subsystems,
- To define the integration, verification, validation, qualification, certification and acceptance methods,
- Be responsible for collated results and evidence.
- To ensure, with the support of Specialty Engineering experts & Safety/HSE (Health, Safety & Environment) stakeholders:
- That candidate solutions meet regulatory requirements including all applicable standards and legislation. This includes product safety & security and Environmental/HSE requirements and standards,
- That solution designs take into account the contractual requirements,
- That all related certification activities are performed correctly;
What you’ll need to succeed
The successful candidate will be a talented Systems Design Engineer with experience of conceptual and detailed design, Integration and delivery, coupled with a proven capability of delivering mission system programmes. The candidate will have demonstrable experience interfacing with internal and external customers, understanding system requirements in the Vehicle Systems domain. Applications are welcomed from individuals possessing the following:
- Substantial experience in System design and development of complex hardware and software systems;
- Proven experience in working collaboratively across multiple product development and specialist domain teams
- Proven track record of working and delivering on Vehicle Architecture solutions for a defence programme ,
- Possesses in-depth knowledge of the fundamentals of Model Based Systems Engineering and SysML.
- Proficient in the use of Requirement Management tools (e.g. DOORS);
- Additional expertise in Land Systems and Armoured Fighting Vehicle domains
- Awareness of architectural frameworks such as MoDAF and DoDAF,
- Knowledge and experience of open vehicle architectures
- Ability to use tools such as Matlab, Simulink & MathCad
- Experienced in the use of Rhapsody or Enterprise Architect
What you'll get in return
We couldn’t be more animated about this business. It’s definitely the right time to join a growing global business with local roots. The package offered is exceptional for this sector of industry and unrivalled. The salary is between £50,000- 55,000 PA. With your hard work and dedication, you are certain to progress a specialist career in electronic engineering with the business
- Excellent matched +1 pension contribution
- Annual wage increases
- Training and mentoring, and formal qualifications
- Flexible hours based on a 37 hour week
- 27 days leave +8 statutory holidays
- Paid OT at x 1.5
- Life assurance x 2 minimum – could increase to x 8
- Health care cash plan
- Profit Gain Share plan bonus – depends on company performance
- Holiday buy and sell
- Annual bonuses available after development to higher grade salary
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
- Job Type:
- Engineering and Manufacturing
- £50,000- £55,000
Talk to a Consultant
Talk to Catherine Gokcezade, the specialist consultant managing this position, located in Belfast
5th Floor, Donegall House, Donegall Square North, Belfast, BT1 5GB
Similar jobs to Systems Design Engineer, Glasgow
Excellent Electronics opportunity, working for leading Glasgow Manufacturing firm.
Glasgow & Strathclyde
£50,000 - £55,000
Intermediate Electrical Design Engineer required for Consultancy specialising in Defence and H/care projects
to £40,000 per annum + benefits
Mechanical design engineer (Galway, €35,000- €45,000, x 1 Junior, x 1 experienced post)
€35,000 - €45,000
Senior Electrical Design Engineer required for Consultancy specialising in Healthcare and Defence projects.
to £55,000 per annum + benefits
Systems Support Engineer - Glasgow - £30,000 DOE
Glasgow & Strathclyde