Operations/Programme Director. As the Operations/Programme Director you will be working for a Non-Departmental Public Body. This is an interim role for 12 months with a daily rate of £750. Location – East Midlands.
The interim role is focused on the Science Division of the organisation and will manage a transition from an SD unit based structure for delivery of work to a capability delivery structure. Each unit is essentially a small business with its own people resources (PMs, technical specialists and sometimes BD), its own projects and P&L. The new delivery structure will have people resources in Capability Groups - 5 Science & Engineering (S&E) Capability Groups and a Project Management Capability Group. There will be a number of portfolios of project work each with a manager. The manager will need resource from the delivery capability groups to win commercial work and execute projects.
The Interim Ops Director will :
- Establish the new project delivery model for Science Division defining the improvements to existing processes
- Work with the Director Science and Commercial who will have line management responsibility for the project and science capability groups.
- Work collaboratively with the Head of Organisational Development to ensure excellent ‘people management’ structures and processes for the PM and S&E Capability Groups
- Work collaboratively with Portfolio Owners for foresight of upcoming projects and management of customer delivery expectations
- Build on existing project KPIs, develop metrics to appropriately monitor delivery performance for both HSE and Commercial work
- Be a member of the SD Leadership Team contributing to the strategic direction of the division
- Extensive Project and Programme Management experience in a science based organisation – research, experimental and consultancy
- Personal delivery of major projects (multi-year, multi-million pound)
- Director level leadership of science based project delivery organisation
- People Leadership skills not only for direct reports, but across a multi-layer management structure
- Leading in a matrix structure where influence is important to ensure all work well together without the need for direct line management
- Project Management Qualification;
- Project delivery in a technical role
- Job Type:
- Government & Public Services
- £750 per day
- Closing Date
- Tue Jan 17 11:59:59 GMT 2017
Similar jobs to Operations/Programme Director
Looking for an Executive Assistant to support the HR director and team for a global accountancy firm in London
£40,000 - £45,000 per annum + benefits
Finance Director for a global Media business based in the West End £70-85k + bonus + benefits
City of London
£70-85k + bonus + benefits
Looking for an Executive Assistant / Personal Assistant to join a Global Accounting firm in London
£40,000 - £45,000 per annum plus benefits
Associate Director Structures Job in central London. Chance to own shares and progress to Director/Partner.
£Neg depending on level and experience
Finance Director - Engineering - Gloucestershire